Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sergio Santiago.

Sometime in 2006 or 2007, this was written by a misguided and confused "Zark!"


Distant star, so far,
Lighting up the life of the nearby,
But gently shining in the far-off skies.

I understand the pressure of years building,
But what can you do?
Shoot across the galaxy?
That's running from your problems.
Can you supernova for a beautiful show?
Light years away from you is safe,
But what about all that's nearby?

Maybe we should let our problems go,
Body and mind separate but united.
Let your problems exist.

Meteors flying by,
Humans spying on you,
Aliens invading your territory,
It's all the same.
The stress you undergo could be the death of you.

It's all the same.
The life of looking through the glass,
Not around it.

The things that stress me out only make me stronger,
But I'll never tell them.
Harassment and humiliation,
Embarrassment and teary-eyed nights.

Masking my feelings---
Not just a defense system,
But a lifestyle for the weak growing stronger.

Fear written in my eyes,
Swallowed by intimidation and courage.
No more self implosion...
Now I'll shine on forevermore.

No comments: