Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Running in Water, Crawling Through Consciousness.

I assume too much. I expect too little. Don't expect much from me.

I know I'm not the only one that questions the power of music on society and people. When a song is so powerful that it can move you physically and emotionally without you noticing, I think it could be doing its part. I found that every time I end up listening to Aphex Twin I have lucid dreams. That can't be a coincidence when you look at his work and the complexity intertwined. Mogwai has an opposite but equal effect on me. Instead of dreaming in lucidity, I completely detach myself from reality. Kid Cudi, which is on a completely different playing field than that of the previously mentioned, works magic through his simple beats and passive voice and flow. Radiohead shuts my mind up in the most beautiful way imaginable. My most recent find, Boards of Canada, has a simple nostalgic impact.
Another thing I don't understand is whenever I see the work of other photographers, I tend to get in the creative mood where I just devour everything artistic at once. I teach myself new things and work on spicing up old techniques. The most notable is light writing. That is one of the most complicated tasks for a drawing impaired person. Granted, it's incredibly fun, especially when you accidentally hit someone in the face with said light and it shows in the picture. I sincerely want photography to be in my life for the rest of its entirety. I wouldn't mind having a bit more passion in writing, but this flame has grown weak in the strong winds recently. I'm building a wall for my flames though. They need all the protection now that life has hit its limits and started running the rest of the marathon rather than walk the rest.

"Procrastination is a lot like masturbation. It's fun at first, but in the end you're just screwing yourself."

I figured that would work as a good transition. If you haven't yet, don't get a tattoo. Honestly the most addicting thing in the world. Yes, I only have one, but every second I sit and think about either how badly I want another, or new ideas for tattoos pop into my head.

Thinking tiny thoughts through thought tribulation.
For example...

"Hey dude, tell me how far my brain goes when I shoot my brains out."
"I'd rather throw a bag of puppies into a wall than listen to you talk."
"Open brain-insert filter. I seriously wonder if this kid ever thinks before he speaks."
"Because in the end, everything we do, is just everything we do. Everything you do is a balloon."
"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."
"No God, know fear; know God, no fear."


I stopped writing twenty minutes ago...I'll represent again later.

No comments: